Monday, March 16, 2009

Mada Chad in March

Hey,

Everything’s going well.
I actually haven’t seen Craig yet, nor have I been able to call because he’s been with the AP’s the whole time. Right as we were leaving town for Island Conference I saw him in their car which we randomly passed, so we saw each other and waved but that’s about all. I know his trainer, he is probably the funniest guy in the mission, and he’s way funny. He’ll have a lot of fun, plus, he’s in Andoharanofotsy. I might call Claude and tell him not to make fun of Craig too much, ha, ha. But he’ll be teaching Dudy and those guys, so he’ll have fun. Plus, the hotelys there are superb and very clean, so he won’t just get sick. He’s very lucky. He’ll be living with Elder Squire (his trainer), Elder Ervin from the MTC, and Elder Ervin’s mini. Tell his mom (if you talk a lot) that he is the furthest area away from the city besides province, so he’s too safe. You can’t get further away from the city and the conflict, plus when the elders are locked up in that area Claude comes over and makes them delicious rice and loaka, so he’s lucky. I’ll give him a call tonight, though.


Island Conference was awesome. Elder Parmley is awesome, he’s the seventy and he is so funny and such a great speaker! I really enjoyed it, na dia karotana be aza ny firenena. He gave a great talk and answered the questions exactly like we expected. They shipped us out fifteen minutes before Craig showed up at the office, I was like: “Hey, can’t we just stay for fifteen minutes?” I should have asked president Gaya or the office couple, but I asked the worst person I could ask (the driver) who is awesome but he’s just keeping the schedule the Gaya’s ask him too. So I just missed him and randomly saw him in the car on the way out of town. It was really random because Antsiribe is south of Tana and the Airport is on the far north. There are roadblocks everywhere in tana so that Andri can feel like he’s in control of something else too (he’s so power hungry) so I bet that’s why. I hope he’s not freaked out, I can’t imagine what I would have done my first week if it was like this.

Anyway, work in Antsiribe is still going smoothly. We work completely normal hours now and we’re not worried at all. The only annoying thing now is we have to call president Gaya every day and let him know if there’re any problems down here (which there never are). Ha, ha, yea, they’re really concerned for us and looking out for us well, it’s been good.

I got the packages, one from the bishop, one from Grandma and Ken, and the St. Patrick’s day one from you guys! Loved it so much! Those things are delicious, the only problem now is rashioning them. Thanks, and they stay way fresh in that bag.

I’m glad Jason had a good time in the All-star game, that’s great. I hope he gets to play in the Yo-murphy game, because that one was a blast! But way cool he got to be in that game! Dad, I only got a letter that says: “I forgot to mention…” I think that means you sent one before, so sorry if I didn’t respond to something, but I didn't get it.

The work is going really well. We have several families progressing well, it’s been good. I don’t really have any stories today, we were in Tana for most of the week.

The Kitchen we built was cool. It’s very sturdy, like nothing Malagasies have ever dreamed of! Elder Bowouhis (or however you spell his name) is very good at construction, so it was built very well. The bikes are fun, but they always break. It’s much better than walking, though. Interesting you mentioned rice fields people, we went and did a cool service project out there today (we didn’t do much service, just dug up a few weeds, but it was cool).
Okay, I’d better run. I guess I’ll talk to you next week. Don’t worry, I’m safe. I’ll talk to you later,

Elder the Chad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Burton Family! So happy to see you guys have a blog. Cj and I just started blogging our page is
shaydoclaytostapley.blogspot.com

Shayla